- 600ml of double cream
- 50ml of gin (I used lemon but you could use any flavour you like)
- 1tbsp of caster sugar
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 5 gelatine leaves (soaked in cold water)
- 400g of fresh raspberries
- Fresh fruit and brownies to serve (optional)
- Blitz the raspberries until completely smooth and pass through a fine sieve to remove the seeds (you should be left with a thick and glossy sauce, you can keep this in the fridge until later)
- Pour the cream, vanilla essence and sugar into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Take the mixture off the heat.
- Squeeze out the water from the gelatine and add to the cream mixture, whisking until the gelatine has completely dissolved.
- Pour the panna cotta mixture into your chosen ramekins and chill for an hour.
- After the hour, take the panna cottas out of the fridge (they won’t be completely set yet).
- At this point you can get creative with the raspberry sauce, or just pop a layer on top! To make the hearts in the photo I used a tea spoon to drop two circles of sauce in the middle of the panna cotta, I then used the handle of the spoon to drag the sauce from each blob down until they met in the middle!
- Chill for a further 3 hours.
- When set, serve either on its own or with your favourite fruit and brownies for a yummy treat!