- 150g butter
- 200g digestive biscuits
- 400g of dulce de leche (found in tins)
- 3 bananas (ripened)
- 300ml double cream
- 1tbsp icing sugar
- Cocoa powder / grated chocolate(for dusting)
- Melt the butter in the microwave (10 seconds at a time until melted).
- Crush the biscuits until they resemble fine crumbs. You can do this by hand or using a food processor.
- Add the melted butter and biscuits into a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Spread the biscuit mixture over the bottom of a round tin, pushing it down with a spoon and covering the entire base.
- Leave the base of the pie in the fridge to chill for an hour.
- Remove the dulce de leche from the tin and mix with a spoon or whisk to loosen.
- Spread this over the base of the pie and made sure this is done evenly by using either a knife or spoon.
- Thinly slice the bananas and place on top of the dulce de leche layer (making sure it’s all covered).
- Put it back into the fridge.
- Whip the cream and icing sugar until it reaches stiff peaks (it should stand on its own). This may take a while and will be made so much easier if done using a hand held whisk!
- Spoon the cream mixture on top on the bananas and dust with either grated chocolate or cocoa powder!