Lime curd ingredients (makes a small jar)
- 6 limes (zest and juice of)
- 100g butter (cut into cubes)
- 4 medium eggs
- 200g caster sugar
Method (to make lime curd)
- Grate the 6 limes (making sure not to use any of the white pith under the green of the skin). Then squeeze all of the juice of the limes into a jug/container (being careful to avoid any pips).
- Lightly beat the four eggs, then add to a saucepan with the lime juice/zest and caster sugar.
- Heat the mixture on a low heat and whisk continuously to combine.
- Once thickened (it should coat the back of a metal spoon), take off the heat.
- Add the butter to the pan and whisk until the butter has melted and combined into the curd.
- Place the curd into a sterilised jar, it should last a week or so in the fridge as long as the jar has been sterilised properly. Before doing this you can pass the curd through a sieve to remove any larger pieces of zest for a smoother texture.
Ingredients for blondies (makes around 12)
- 320g white chocolate
- 260g butter
- 300g caster sugar
- 380g plain flour
- 4 medium eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Break the chocolate into chunks and melt, with the butter, in a bowl over a simmering pan of water on a low heat.
- Once melted, take off the heat and transfer into a mixing bowl, add the sugar and flour and fold.
- Once mixed thoroughly, add the four eggs and mix until combined.
- Transfer the mixture into a rectangular baking tin.
- Add spoonfuls of the lime curd into different areas of the blondie and swirl (I find it easier to swirl the curd around the blondie using the end of a teaspoon)
- Bake for around 30-40 minutes. The blondie should be set but still a little soft in the middle (a gooey brownie like texture).
- Leave to set in the fridge.
- You can eat these cold or warm them up and serve with some ice cream!